Convention of Synod
Convention of Synod is a coming together of congregational lay delegates, church leaders, officials and clergy, primarily to conduct the business of the Lutheran Church of Australia, South Australia – Northern Territory District. Essentially, it is the District’s Annual General Meeting!
Convention also serves spiritual and fellowship purposes. The schedule includes worship, celebrations and the opportunity to catch up with old friends or make some new ones!
The 48th SA–NT District Convention of Synod will be held at Tatachilla Lutheran College, McLaren Vale, from Friday 4 May to Sunday 6 May 2018.
Key Dates for 2018 SA-NT Convention
- 1 February - registrations open
- From 1 February - invoices issued to congregations and parishes for lay delegates and pastor delegates
- 23 February - nominations for various committees to be received by District Office
- 28 February - delegates to be nominated via SurveyMonkey or email to District Office
- 12 March - agenda proposals due to District Office
- 13 April - registrations close
- 4-6 May - 2018 Convention of Synod