As you will have heard in the SA Government press conference today, some restrictions are being lifted as of midnight on Saturday.
This means that congregations can gather together for worship on Sunday with some restrictions in place:
- Maximum number of people in attendance is 100 and this includes all those leading and serving in the service eg pastor, musicians, ushers etc
- All people must abide by the 1 person per 4m²
- Contract tracing forms must be completed by all attendees
- Maximum capacity will depend on the size of your worship space (to calculate this length x width = x divide by 4 eg 15 x 6 / 4 = 22 people in the space)
- Communion is permitted with the same guidelines as previously advised
- Morning tea is permitted with the same guidelines as previously advised – social distancing must be adhered to
Further to the above, the government advised that funerals will be permitted with a maximum attendance of 50 people, with the 4m² rule to be enacted.
Weddings are also permitted with the previously advised requirements being followed.
If you have any questions about the above, please do not hesitate to contact the District Office.
READ MORE STORIES ABOUT congregations