Return of face-to-face training
Face-to-face workshops are back for 2021. Congregations are now able to hold face-to-face Safe Church training sessions.
Planning is now underway for workshops in May, June and July. If your congregation would be interested in hosting a full workshop or a refresher workshop, contact the District Office. We can also assist congregations in determining who is eligible for the Safe Church refresher training if required.
So far in 2021
105 people have completed their Level 1 training, either online or face to face. 80% completed face-to-face training, the remaining 20% completed this online through the iLearn platform.
Our trainers, Dave and Anastasia presented 6 workshops over the last 5 weeks.
A further 7 workshops are planned over the course of March and April.
These workshops are:
Saturday 20 March at Our Saviour Lutheran Church, Semaphore from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm
Saturday 10 April at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Kadina from 8:30 am until 3:30 pm
Saturday 17 April at Grace Lutheran Church, Bridgewater from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm
Saturday 17 April at St Paul’s Lutheran Church, Glenelg from 9:30 am until 4:30 pm
Saturday 13 March at St Paul’s Lutheran Church, Glenelg from 9:30 am until 1:00 pm
Sunday 11 April at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Hallett Cove from 11:30 am until 3:00 pm
Tuesday 20 April at St Petri Lutheran Church, Nuriootpa, times to be confirmed
Please remember that registrations for any training session are essential. To register please visit www.lca.org.au/psd-training or contact the District Office.
Launch of Level 2 training
Level 2 Safe Church training launched this week! This training is designed for those implement our safety management systems. This includes but is not limited to Safe Church Coordinators, Church Council representatives and team leaders. The new Level 2 training is available as an online, self-paced module with all validation tasks included via ALC’s iLearn platform. This is intended to result in a more simple and streamlined process for those undertaking Level 2 training in 2021.
At this stage, Level 2 training is no longer available as a webinar or as a face-to-face session.
Register here to complete your training or contact our office for more details.
Upcoming Webinar Save the Date
In recent years, PSD have held a Coordinator Network Day on a Saturday in late March.
This year instead we invite Coordinators, Pastors and other leaders to join us online for a Safe Church webinar on Saturday 27 March 2021, at 1:30 pm until 3:30 pm.
Child Protection Project Officer Mary-Ann Carver will speak about the draft LCA Child Safety Standards for Congregations, which align with and will help to implement the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. The Church is not beginning its child safety journey, but rather it is seeking to further the very good progress that has already been made.
Please do put this online event in your calendar!
The link will be circulated closer to the time.
READ MORE STORIES ABOUT Professional Standards