Professional Standards: December update
A big thank you for your time and commitment to implementing Safe Church processes in your congregations and parishes. We have seen continuous dedication from workers (paid and volunteer) to help keep our communities safe. And we are thankful for your efforts throughout the last twelve months to keep up with training and the background check process.
Almost 1,150 SA-NT members have already engaged in Safe Church training in 2021. We were blessed that 61 percent of members were able to participate in face-to-face sessions, and the remaining 39 percent completed it online.
The General Church Board (GCB) have approved the Child Safety Standards (CSS) for roll-out over the next twelve months. We will share more information about how these fit into and augment our existing processes in the New Year. Please keep a lookout for communications from our team.
As we look forward to 2022, we have started taking bookings for face-to-face training sessions. We would like to express our thanks to the congregations who have already booked in their training sessions for 2022. If your congregation is due to commence or renew training next year please contact our team about scheduling either a full workshop or refresher session. Please ensure members are aware that Safe Church training can alternatively be completed online.
While face-to-face is our preferred approach to Safe Church training, the online versions provide access where members cannot make it to a face-to-face workshop and for those who prefer this method of delivery. If you would like to complete online training over the Christmas and New Year shut down period, please ensure that you have registered by the 13th of December. This will ensure your registration is processed and all access information can be sent to you prior to Christmas. All registrations after this time will be given access on the 10th of January 2022.
Lastly, we would like to wish you all a restful and blessed break over the Christmas and New Year period. We look forward to continuing to work with and support you next year.
On behalf of the churchwide Professional Standards team, blessings!
READ MORE STORIES ABOUT Professional Standards